This will be a one-time workshop on Saturday, February 24th from 10:00am to 1pm. This is not a continuing series.
Ever make changes that broke your code and forgot how your code worked before? Want to work with someone on a code project, but aren’t sure who has the latest version of a particular file? Version control can solve these problems and more! Git is a popular version control application that can track your code changes, as well as help you to be more methodical in your programming. Win win! This session will introduce the basics of version control, how to use git to keep track of your changes to a project, and using GitHub to collaborate with other developers.
This workshop will cover:
• The basic concepts of version control
• The differences between git and other version control applications
• Fundamental git commands to track changes to a small project
• The basics of collaborating on code with other developers in a professional environment
• Navigating the file system with Bash.
• How to use GitHub
Pay once and mark your calendars for the following date:
• Sat, March 24th from 10:00am to 1:00pm