- This event has passed.
Intellectual Property (IP) Basics with The Texas Regional Office of the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
September 22, 2022 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pmFree
Are you interested in learning about the intellectual property (IP) basics? Join us for a no cost interactive session with the USPTO
The Texas Regional Office of the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office serving New Mexico will be in town for this very informative session.
In this workshop, you will be provided an overview of the different types of IP (patents, trademarks, trade secrets, and copyrights) and learn the importance of understanding each type to assist or protect your ideas and business ventures.
USPTO experts will cover:
- An overview of intellectual property types: patents, trademarks, copyrights, and trade secrets
- Why innovators and entrepreneurs should consider protecting their IP
- Local resources and assistance available through the USPTO and other agencies
Joining us for this session from the Texas Regional Office of the USPTO are:
- Hope Shimabuku – Director of the Texas Regional United States Patent and Trademark Office
- Jeff Burke – Supervisory Patent Examiner, Texas Regional United States Patent and Trademark Office
- Reynaldo Vasquez, Regional Outreach Director, Texas Regional United States Patent and Trademark Office
25 minute one-on-one counseling sessions with USPTO personnel are available after the presentation. If you would like to sign up for one of these sessions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your session. Space is limited, so request an appointment as soon as possible (separate from registering for this event).
This is a brown-bag lunch event so bring your own lunch! Soft drinks and water will be provided. This workshop is free – but you do need to register!